Friday, 24 July 2020
This week as part of our gardening project we asked trainees to connect with nature and take a photograph of a flower, an insect, a bee, a tree or a bird. Thanks to the staff and trainees for sending in their beautiful photographs over the last few months. We look forward to putting together our photo time capsule when we return to the centre that captures plenty of positive memories from this unique and unprecedended time of our lives.
Today is the last day of wellbeing month and we are asking trainees to reduce their screen time. Here are the top 10 tips for managing your online wellbeing. For more info go to webwise.ie
Thursday, 23 July 2020
This week the trainees were asked to do some research on COVID-19 and to design a COVID-19 poster, here is a snapshop of some of the posters sent in by trainees. They have captured all the important messages for the new normal that we have to abide by every day - good hand hygiene, social distancing, wearing masks etc.
Check out this final meditation video 'Connecting with the senses' by John Graham put together especially for Sligo CTC for wellbeing month. Enjoy!
Wednesday, 22 July 2020
• Conserving water - start out little by little conserving water.
• How to water - vegetables need varying amounts of water depending on the stage in their life,
the type of plant, and the texture of the soil.
• Be conscious of evaporation - water early in the morning or late at night.
• Stay on top of weeds - this means that your plant won’t have to compete for water.
• Work on your soil - when your soil is poor quality it will suffer more from too little or too much
water. For more info go to www.giy.ie
Tuesday, 21 July 2020
Some more mindful colouring with Catherine or if you want to colour online go to: https://coloring-pages.info/mandalacoloringpages