|Leaflets designed by Allison|
Thursday, 18 October 2018
To mark Maths Week, IT trainee Allison calculated the deductions applied to training allowances payable to both those over & under 18 years if training time is missed. Following this she designed & created a leaflet using for trainees, especially those new to the centre, to help them be aware of how much money they will be receiving each week. A copy of the leaflet is displayed in all core training areas of the centre.
The trainees took part in a kayaking session today and yesterday under the instruction of both Eddie Loftus and Tommy Craddock. The trainees had an great fun new experience. We would like to thank the Grammar School for providing the facilities and Tommy and Eddie for their excellent guidance to the trainees.
There is competition on Monday 5th involving Summerhill College and Grammar School and Ursuline College.
Catering trainees had a cake baking and icing session. The trainees enjoyed and learned from it, we would like to thank Sarah from Cake Lady for taking the time to come over. Catering have also provided a icing a cake recipe see below.
Icing a cake
1. The board must be 2-3 inches larger than the cake to facilitate extra decorations. (Rope detail)
2. Make the moist sugar paste to place on the board. This is to prevent the cake from slipping. Melted chocolate can be used too.
3. Place the cake on the board. Cover with the warm apricot jam.
4. Roll out the marzipan. Fold over your arm, place gently on the cake.
5. Smooth out edges with a smoother and your hands. Trim the edges.
6. Wet the marzipan with water before applying the sugar paste.
7. Roll out the icing fold over your arm, place gently on the cake.
8. Smooth out the edges with a smoother and your hands. Trim the edges.
9. Make the figurines. ( These can be made in advanced )
10. To make the rope, roll the white icing out. Then smooth with the smoother.
11. Repeat this exercise with the coloured icing.
12. Lay the 2 rolled out icings side by side.
13. Find the half way point.Start folding the icings over each other
(The reason to do it halfway, is so that the icing doesn't break).
14. Fold the remaining icing to form the rope.
15. To apply the rope, wet the cake with water. Start applying the rope gently onto the cake.
16. Place the figurines on top of the cake.
Monday, 15 October 2018
Wednesday, 10 October 2018
|Thanks to Steve for facilitating the relaxation and stretching session in the gym this morning to help us switch off and relax for World Mental Health Day|
|We had a fantastic fun and fitness session with Kate Frahill this morning to promote positive mental health. Well done to all for participating!|
As part of the Mental Health Week we are having a day full of activities which support mindfulness and good mental well-being. We held a variety of activities trainees could choose. We had a mindfulness session with Mary it was a great experience we all enjoyed participating.
As part of the Mental Health Week we are having a day full of activities which support mindfulness and good mental well-being. We held a variety of activities trainees could choose. We offered some grooming in the hairdressing room.